Here’s Why The Differences Between Car Accidents and Truck Accidents Is Substantial
Cars and trucks share our congested roads daily and in every part of the country; therefore, car drivers need to be aware of the potentially hazardous situations that can occur sharing our roads with commercial trucks. With rising commercial and motor vehicle accidents, it is essential to understand the significant differences between car and truck accidents.
Unfortunately, accidents can happen at any time, so if you are the sudden victim of an accident involving a truck, call a truck accident attorney immediately to sort out the complexities of your accident claim.
What Are The Significant Differences Of Accidents Involving Cars And Trucks?
There can be many variables involving an accident between a truck and a passenger vehicle, but some significant differences are worth understanding before an accident occurs.
- Truck accidents are likely to be more severe. A truck’s large size, compared to the size of the car, will contribute to far more considerable damage, and injuries could be catastrophic.
- Truck accidents are more complex. Commercial trucks are regulated, which requires a knowledgeable truck accident attorney to protect your rights. In some cases, there may be multiple responsible parties.
- Trucks accidents can require different types of evidence. A car crash may rely on physical evidence, but evidence in a truck accident can include:
- The truck’s “black box” data.
- Maintenance records.
- Truck driver hours-of-service logs.
- Cargo load documentation.
- Truck drivers and trucking companies carry different mandatory insurance. Because commercial truck drivers operate large vehicles and may drive under extreme conditions that put them at risk, they must have considerably different coverage.
If You Have Been Hurt, The Law Office Of Teresa P. Williams Can Answer Your Questions About The Differences Between Car Accidents And Accidents With Trucks
Whenever a truck is involved in a crash with a passenger vehicle, there can be additional issues related to liability. If you are the victim of an accident involving a large truck, immediately call Attorney Teresa Williams. she will personally answer your questions. Call (727) 796-2706 today or contact us on our website here.