Slip and Fall Lawyer

Teresa P. Williams, P.A., Slip And Fall Lawyer, Clearwater, FL

Expert Slip and Fall Lawyer in Clearwater, FL.
Free Consultation. No Obligation.

Teresa Williams is a personal injury attorney with over 20 years of experience with handling a variety of injury cases involving DUI accidents, Truck Accidents, Work Injuries and as a dedicated Clearwater Auto Accident Lawyer. In addition, she is an experienced slip and fall lawyer handling injuries due to dangerous conditions on property premises such as:

  • Slip-and-fall cases
  • Elevator accidents
  • Dog bites
  • Inadequate or negligent security measures

Owners of business such as restaurants, grocery stores, retail stores and showrooms have a specific responsibility to provide a clean and safe environment to the public that frequents their establishments. When a slip and fall accident occurs at one of these places of business, it can be very serious. Sometimes it can be much more serious than it first appears. If you have had an accident at a business, one of the first things you may want to do is consult with an experienced slip and fall lawyer.

Unlike other types of accidents, trip and fall accidents may be awkward and embarrassing. However, they should not be dismissed too quickly. What may seem like minor injuries could develop into more serious conditions that can affect your health and livelihood. Consulting with a dedicated slip and fall lawyer like Teresa P. Williams, can help guide you through the complex process of filing a personal injury claim. In many cases, more than one party may be at fault, which can complicate your case.

What Are Common Slip And Fall Cases?

There are many different types of cases that can involve slipping or tripping. Here are some common examples:

  • Slipping on a wet bathroom floor
  • Tripping on stairs without an adequate hand rail
  • Slipping on a rug or mat that has become loose
  • Tripping over merchandise that has fallen or is improperly displayed
  • Broken tiles or pavers that caused a trip and fall
  • Tripping on a broken escalator or elevator entrance
  • Falling in an area that is poorly lit
  • Slipping on liquids or food that has spilled on the floor

What Should I Do After A Slip And Fall?

Knowing what to do and, more importantly, what not to do if you or a loved one has been injured due to a slip and fall can help ensure your rights are protected during your case. Here are a few tips to consider:

  • Seek medical attention immediately even if you don’t think your injuries are very serious.
  • Ask the owner or manager of the business for any forms you need to file a formal accident report.
  • Gather information from any witnesses to the accident.
  • Document the accident with photos. Use closeups as well as pictures from far away.
  • Don’t give any statements or verbally blame the business owners
  • Contact a Slip And Fall Lawyer, such as Teresa P. Williams, who can easily guide you through your case.

Recovering Damages from the At-Fault Party

If you are injured due to a dangerous condition on another’s property, Florida State Slip and Fall Laws may allow you to pursue compensation for damages including medical costs, pain, and suffering, and lost wages. A personal injury attorney can help you determine if you have a legitimate claim for damages and assist you in dealing with insurance companies and other third parties.

Let Us Handle the Details

If you have suffered a slip or a fall or another type of injury, contact the Clearwater law office of Teresa Williams to schedule your free consultation to determine if you may be entitled to damages.
Teresa P. Williams Personal Injury Lawyer
Don’t Wait to Talk to Our Attorney
In Clearwater, FL, you need to address slip and fall accidents quickly. If you wait too long to document your injuries or pursue your case, you might have a harder time recovering all of your compensation.

Teresa P. Williams understands these time limitations, which is why you can contact her office at any time of day or night. If you need a personal injury attorney, call 727-796-2706 or 888-CALL-TRE. If you prefer to communicate online, fill out the contact form on our contact page.