Owners of business such as restaurants, grocery stores, retail stores and showrooms have a specific responsibility to provide a clean and safe environment to the public that frequents their establishments. When a slip and fall accident occurs at one of these places of business, it can be very serious. Sometimes it can be much more serious than it first appears. If you have had an accident at a business, one of the first things you may want to do is consult with an experienced slip and fall lawyer.
Unlike other types of accidents, trip and fall accidents may be awkward and embarrassing. However, they should not be dismissed too quickly. What may seem like minor injuries could develop into more serious conditions that can affect your health and livelihood. Consulting with a dedicated slip and fall lawyer like Teresa P. Williams, can help guide you through the complex process of filing a personal injury claim. In many cases, more than one party may be at fault, which can complicate your case.
What Are Common Slip And Fall Cases?
There are many different types of cases that can involve slipping or tripping. Here are some common examples:
- Slipping on a wet bathroom floor
- Tripping on stairs without an adequate hand rail
- Slipping on a rug or mat that has become loose
- Tripping over merchandise that has fallen or is improperly displayed
- Broken tiles or pavers that caused a trip and fall
- Tripping on a broken escalator or elevator entrance
- Falling in an area that is poorly lit
- Slipping on liquids or food that has spilled on the floor